In the previous Session 03 we saw how to install flutter in MacOS, In this session we will see how to install in windows.
We need the below system requirement to install Flutter
- Operating system:Windows 7 SP1 or Later ( 64 bit )
- Disk Space: We recommend at-least 9GB of space which include IDE/tools
- Tools: Windows PowerShell 5.0 or newer, Git for Windows
Step 1 : Click to download Flutter SDK
Step 2 : Copy the zip file in your desired path like “c:\projects\flutter” and install
Note: Do not install in Program files as we need special permission to do so
Step 3 : Update your path Edit environment variables for your account.
Under User variables check if there is an entry called Path: If the entry exists, append the full path to flutter\bin using ; as a separator from existing values. If the entry doesn’t exist, create a new user variable named Path with the full path to flutter\bin.
Step 4 : Run flutter doctor
Step 5 : Next we will setup Android as a first step we will download Android Studio Download
Step 6 : Install Android SDK
Warning : In Android Studio 3.6 or later, you need to manually add the old version of the Android SDK Tools for Flutter to work. To do this:
- Open the Android Studio SDK Manager
- In the Android SDK tab, uncheck Hide Obsolete Packages
- Check Android SDK Tools (Obsolete)
Step 7 : Setup Android Emulator follow the below steps
- First enable VM acceleration on your machine.
- Launch Android Studio > Tools > Android > AVD Manager and select Create Virtual Device.
- Choose any one and give Next.
- Select any system images for the Android versions you want to emulate, and select Next.
- Check the AVD configuration and select Finish.
- Run AVD in the toolbar to start the emulator.
Step 8 : Install Flutter plugin in Android Setup follow the below steps
- Click on Android Studio > Preferences
- Select Plugins and click Market Place search for flutter and click to install. You IDE will prompt for restart allow it to complete.
That’s it we have completely installed all the components required to learn or develop our flutter application.
In the Next session we will create our first flutter application and learn the basic of the coding.