In the previous session we have seen what is the necessity of Flutter? In this session we will see what Flutter is?
- Flutter is an open source framework which is used to create high quality, high performance mobile application both for Android and IOS application.
- Flutter is an UI tool kit for building fast, beautiful and native mobile applications.
- Flutter was developed by Google and it uses its own programming language Dart for building this UI Kit.
- A Unique feature of Flutter is that it uses its own high performance engine to draw widgets which gives full control to the developers.
- One code for both OS so very easy to maintain the repositories and do bug fixes.
- It uses Material Design by default.
We have so far seen all the advantages and features of Flutter we will also see some of the limitations of Flutter also.
- Dart is another new program which needs to be learnt.
- It has very limited access to SDK libraries so lot fo functionalities must be written by developer themselves.
- Flutter does not support browser.
So now we have a clear knowledge on the pros and corns of Flutter. In the next session we will see how to install it in a Mac machine if you are a Windows user you can skip Session 3 and go to Session 4 directly.